Technician for on-site services at petrochemical, refinery, power & manufacturing plants. Performs inspections, testing and preventative maintenance on overhead cranes, hoists and elevators.
Maintenance and repair of various lifting and other equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect overhead industrial cranes, rigging and hoists to ensure safety and compliance with Mfg, OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair material handling equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment (strong knowledge of motors)
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities
- Provides customer service by acting as liaison between customer and office
- Repairs equipment as required
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding repairs
- Services existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; troubleshooting; resolving problems
- Builds and maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting methods and techniques for improvement
- Keeps overhead crane systems operating by; performing inspections; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; responding to repair calls.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection checklist
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining a good response time, informing customer of problems, and completing the job in a timely manner
- Other functions as required
OTHER SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and understand technical data
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Work with voltages up to 480V
- Ability to use hand tools and trade type tools
- Ability to identify and resolve electrical problems and operational malfunctions.
- Ability to operate a forklift and Manlift equipment.
- Ability to mitigate additional damage by working with a high degree of precision and control
- Strong working knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures
- Ability to accurately document service and installation activities
- Current Valid Driver’s License with clear status
- Excellent Mechanical and electrical skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- 1+ years’ experience working in petrochemical, refinery, power and/or manufacturing plant environment required
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
Please apply via email at email@example.com